Anyone who wants to participate in this should have a read of the nomination process and have a say in the development that will be taking place in this area over the coming months/years. It is very important that you have residents on this board and consultative group that will represent all your interests. Be informed of what is going to be taking place in your area. Have a say!
Nomination Process for Board and Consultative Group Elections 2012 - Grangegorman
Once the registration period for groups has closed the process of nominations will begin.
1. The GDA will publish two lists of registered groups;
A. Registered Residents and Tenants Associations
B. Registered Community Groups and Associations including Resident and Tenant
Associations, Parish and District Groups, Youth and Sports Clubs and similar
non‐commercial groups in the Grangegorman neighbourhood.
2. The GDA will write out to all new registered groups informing them that the nomination
process has begun. The nomination period will last for one week from 25th September
until 3rd October 2012.
3. All nominees must have nominations from at least two relevant registered groups. It is
important to note that only associations from list A may nominate for the Board
elections. Associations and Groups from list A and B can nominate for the Consultative
4. All nominees must satisfy the following criteria in order to be eligible for election
A. Be resident in the GDA area (see map below)
B. Be on the register of electors in the area
C. Be nominated by at least 2 registered groups
If a nominee does not satisfy all three criteria he/she will be deemed ineligible for the
5. If a person wishes to put themselves forward for election they must write to the
Grangegorman Development Agency. The letter must include;
A. The name and address of the nominee
B. The position for which they are going forward for
C. The groups which are nominating them (a signature of one of the authorized
officers of these groups is required here.)
6. Once the nomination period closes on 3rd October 2012 the GDA will check all nominees
to ensure they are valid and the full list of valid nominees will then be sent to all
7. The election meeting will take place on Thursday 25th October 2012. Each registered
group will be entitled to send two representatives to the meeting. Each representative
will have one vote and voting will take place through secret ballot. Only representatives
of associations from list A can vote in the Board election. Representatives from
Associations/Groups on list B can vote in the Consultative Group election.
8. The result of the ballot will be announced as soon as possible after the counting is
9. Should a person be elected for both the Board and the Consultative Group he/she must
choose which position to accept. The other position will then be filled by the person
with the next highest amount of votes in the relevant election.
The pdf includes the boundary map